No. If you have lost a spouse, a child, or a parent in a Missouri accident, then you do not need to know for sure whether you want to file a Missouri wrongful death case when you first call an Osage Beach wrongful death lawyer. One of the most important reasons to contact an Osage Beach wrongful death attorney is to get the information that you need to make an informed decision about whether a wrongful death case is something that you want to pursue.
To that end, you should schedule an initial consultation to talk to an Osage Beach lawyer about the benefits and costs involved in filing a Missouri wrongful death case. More specifically, you and the lawyer with whom you meet should talk about:
- What happened to your loved one
- The legal process that may occur if you file a case
- Your potential recovery for things such as medical expenses, funeral costs, lost income, and pain and suffering
- What you risk by not filing a case
- The costs of filing a case
- How filing a case could (or could not) affect your future
You are not making a commitment when you first call an Osage Beach lawyer. Instead, you are simply having a conversation, and then together, you and your Missouri wrongful death lawyer can decide how to proceed.
For more information, please call our Missouri wrongful death attorneys today at 573-348-0700 or 888-573-2670 to schedule an initial consultation.