You’ve never before found yourself in quite this situation. You not only fell on someone else’s property, but your slip and fall accident has resulted in injuries. What should you do now? What do you need to know to protect yourself as you begin the recovery process?
Recovering From a Slip and Fall Accident in Missouri
Before you can make a legal and financial recovery from a slip and fall accident injury, you need to understand whether you are entitled to such a recovery and how to fight for it. More specifically, it is important to know that:
- Property owners or managers have a duty to protect people from hazards. If the owners know about a hazard, or should be reasonably expected to know about it, they must either remove the hazard or warn others about it.
- If the hazard which the property owner or manager knew about or should have known about caused your injury, then you may have the right to recover damages.
- In order to recover damages and to protect your physical health, it is important to see a doctor as soon as possible after you are injured.
- You should take pictures of the hazardous condition, or have someone else do it for you, as soon as possible after your accident and before the hazard is repaired or removed.
- You have the right to contact a Missouri personal injury lawyer for help protecting your rights.
Together, you and your Missouri personal injury attorney can fight hard to get you the recovery that you deserve and the resources that you need. A recovery may include things such as past and future medical expenses, lost income, out-of-pocket costs, pain and suffering, and other damages.
Call a Missouri Fall Injury Lawyer to Learn More
For more information about protecting your rights after a Missouri slip and fall accident, please contact an experienced Lake of the Ozarks personal injury lawyer. Call us today via this website or by phone at 888-573-2670.