Missouri law establishes certain minimum standards that landowners and business owners must meet regarding the safety of their parking lots, sidewalks, entryways and interiors. Many of these rules are often violated. Insufficient lighting, improper sidewalk and parking lot maintenance and unsafe entryways are extremely common.
Here is a list of common premises liability accidents that could be avoided by complying with Missouri law and local codes:
- Uncleared ice and snow.
- Improper marking of curbs and sidewalks.
- Improper lighting.
- Upturned entryway mats.
- Improperly slick entryway floors.
- Holes in sidewalks and parking lots.
- Other dangerous conditions on the property that the landowner knew of or should have known of but did nothing to cure those problems or warn you.
- Other direct violations of Missouri law and/or locally adopted codes and ordinances.
- Unsafe and/or illegal activities being conducted on the premises (weapons, toxins, etc.)
Please remember, every injury claim has a statue of limitations. There is a limited period of time available in which to file your lawsuit. If you miss this window of opportunity, you cannot later bring a lawsuit and will be completely barred from pursuing a claim. This statutory time period varies depending on the type of case and particular fact pattern.
If you have suffered injury on the property of a business or individual due to their negligence or violation of the law, you have a legal right to bring an action to recover your damages.
Get the Facts BEFORE you make any legal decisions. With help from a Price & Randle injury lawyer, you can take the stress out of your accident or claim. Contact us today by calling 573-348-0700 or 888-573-2670 to schedule a consultation and learn more about how we can help.